The International Council of Christian Churches, meeting in its 20th World Congress, from January 22 to 29, 2020, in Puerto Montt, Chile, declares that:
1. By God’s love and benevolence, He decreed to make Himself known to mankind through the Bible, with its 66 canonical books. These Holy Scriptures are the very Word of God;
2. This revelation from God to man was indispensable so that he could know God, although sin and human limitation do not allow this knowledge to be complete;
3. The Bible was plenary and verbally inspired by the Holy Spirit, who “moved holy men of God” to write what He decreed for them to write, and freed them from error. Consequently, the Word of God is inerrant in all that it says.
4. The Scriptures affirm that this Word of God “shall stand for ever” (Isaiah 40:8) — to which nothing can be added or removed;
5. This permanence of the incorrupt Word is a necessary consequence of the fact that it is the work of the faithful God, who will never lie or let His work fall to the ground. Thus, it will be kept pure and eternal;
6. No translation of this Word is without error. Otherwise, a permanent miracle of inspiration would be required. However, when carried out by the faithful children of God, they are under the Providence of God and, provide believers with all God wants to make known to them, including an accurate knowledge of all sound doctrine;
Therefore, be it resolved, that the International Council of Christian Churches:
1. Reaffirms its unrestricted adherence to the 66 canonical books of the Holy Scriptures, in its original manuscripts, as the only rule of faith and practice;
2. Strictly rejects all perversions with which atheists, humanists, liberals, Modernists, neutral Christians, and others, seek to annul and corrupt the Scriptures;
3. Calls all faithful believers of the world to read, study, meditate and memorize the Scriptures daily, to keep them in their hearts, and to obey and practice them — with prayer and total dependence on the Holy Spirit.
RESOLUTIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN PDF FORMAT UNDER RESOLUTIONS TAB ON THIS SITE